About 30 minutes ago, the internet started buzzing about BMC’s latest acquisition, Varalogix. This is a small US based company that specializes in deployment automation. In fact, in the past 2 years, BMC has acquired 3 different companies that play in the application release automation arena.
Looking at the Big 4 players (HP, IBM, CA and BMC), there is a definite trend towards release automation indicating a gap in their existing solutions. In light of BMC’s newest acquisition, I’d like to focus on their recent history. In 2010, the market was buzzing with their acquisition of Phurnace Software for application release automation. In 2011, BMC acquired StreamStep with the same intentions.
It seems that BMC has made multiple acquisitions of 3 application release automation companies that have lots of overlap. Each time, they claim that the newest acquisition is necessary for a holistic application release automation solution.
- 2010 – BMC Aquires Phurnace Software – “a leading developer of automation software that significantly reduces the cost, complexity and risk to deploy and configure Java-based applications on physical, virtual and cloud environments.”
- 2011 – BMC Acquires StreamStep – “ focused on accelerating enterprise application delivery and improving release quality.”
- 2012 – BMC Acquires VaraLogix – “makers of tools that help companies automate software deployments.”
To date, the Nolio Application Release Operations Suite is the industry’s most holistic application release automation solution on the market. It is designed to meet the demanding needs of enterprises for a fully automated end-to-end release process.
With Nolio, you can dramatically improve the reliability, quality and speed of application release, maintenance and management through automation. You can accelerate the application release process while improving uptime and staff productivity. Fortune 2000’s worldwide use Nolio to:
- Simplify, standardize and execute application releases with no errors
- Improve business and operational agility by cutting release times
- Centralize application operations across your data center
- Automate application rollbacks for fast recovery and service continuity
- Ensure cloud readiness with built-in virtualization and cloud support.
Contact us to learn more about how enterprise DevOps is being accomplished with Nolio.